December 1, 2016
Payment Rates for International Arbitration
- Monetary claims or claims whose monetary value can be estimated
(1) Filing fee – 1% from the claim value (to be paid by the plaintiff and the counter-plaintiff
Amount of the fees no less than $ 2000
Advance payment – $ 1000
(2) Arbitrator's fee
Arbitrator lawyer or other specialist – $ 400/working hour
Arbitrator judge – $ 600/working hour
Arbitrator Supreme Court justice – $ 800/working hour
- Claims with no monetary value estimate
(1) Filing fee – $ 5000 (to be paid by the plaintiff and the counter-plaintiff)
Advance payment – $ 1,000
(2) Arbitrator's fee – as in sec. 1 (2) above
- Special expenses
The parties will bear the special expenses of the international arbitration such as recording, typing, transcription, translation of testimonies and documents, video and conference calls. These expenses will be incurred by the parties in equal amounts, unless otherwise agreed upon.
- Value Added Tax is to be added to all payments.
- Advance payment according to sec. 1(1) above shall be paid immediately following the nomination of the arbitrator by the President of the Institute and shall be set-off from the filing fee. The remaining sum due for the filing fee will be paid before the first hearing following the submission of the pleadings.
- The arbitrator's fee will be paid by the parties in equal portions, unless otherwise agreed upon.
- This chart is based on the Payment Rates Rules of the Israeli Institute of Commercial Arbitration of November 7, 2016.